Catalog object and size?

Hi
thanks for your work , i use it every day to plan my observation.

there is one missing criteria, size of object when browsing catalog
i dont know if it is possible to add it ? It will be great as when listing object , a lot are two small for amateur astrophoto

great jobs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi legnol,

Yes, I agree that size would be useful to find best target for a telescope. Both size and magnitude are in my to-do list. Simbad seem to have a field β€œAngular size (arcmin)” so maybe I could use that. I need to create a small program to query Simbad and add size to the my catalogs so it can be used for filtering.

Jarmo

1 Like

it is going to be great :slight_smile: .

Hi,

I have made some progress on this. I have a test version here: Astro Mosaic Telescope Planner. So far I have updated only NGC catalog where most objects have a size. There is also filtering for size.

I will continue updating other catalogs. If you are interested you can try the test version and check if it works as it should.

Jarmo

Hi
i test the new version , size seems ok , but i cant get it in the same time as Moon Avoidance calcultation .
if i select size > 5 , and after moon avoidance , the selected number of ngc object dont change

florent

Hi,

Moon filter works so that if you do not have a time selected then if the target matches the moon filter at any point of the night it will be included. If moon sets at some point during the night then targets are likely to be included. Could that be the reason?

I have now updated all catalogs to include size. If size is not available it is zero.

Jarmo