I am working my way through autointegrate trying to get my first full run. Right now I am failing at autocrop. My imaging train currently yields some significant vignetting in the corners as a result of using round filters when square filters are really needed. As a result I am getting the following error message:
“… cropped more than 5% of the image, please check the crop preview. Adjust crop parameters, or adjust the crop manually and run again using auto continue.” crop values are width by 3.3% height by 4.4% area by 7.5%. I checked the posted preview crop file and it is exactly what I want. How/where do I change the 5% limit to something greater than the 7.5% I am getting so that the process will continue?
I am also a little unsure exactly how autocontinue actually gets invoked and runs. But I can leave that to another time.
Thanks for any help
I get the same error in some cases but the processing still completes. Does the processing actually stop in your case or do you just get the error message at the end? If the processing actually stops, what version of AutoIntegrate are you using?
I agree the error may be a bit confusing, I think I need to adjust that. And I should make the 5% limit configurable to avoid unnecessary messages.
AutoContinue is kind of a simple concept but it works only in specific cases which makes it complex to get started. I have documented it here AutoIntegrate Info. If I ever make more YouTube videos AutoContinue would be one of those.
Thanks Jarmo for the quick response. I’m not sure whether the process actually stopped or it was just at a point where no process console activity was taking place. Pretty sure it said running at the bottom but also it is possible it had gotten past the point of running SPCC and I encountered that issue of it not being responsive. I did rerun without cropping and it ran to completion. The version is 1.65.2. I’ll rerun again and wait to see if it finishes. It would be nice to have the 5% as a configurable option.
Thanks also for the info on AutoContinue. I think I saw that but didn’t read it as carefully as I should have. I’ll give it a careful read and let you know if I still have any questions.
This is a fantastic script. I thank you for all the effort you have put into it.
I reran the script and it is definitely stopping. Looks like there is an issue with crop_id.
That is correct, there is a problem with cropping. I was able to reproduce the problem if option Save cropped images was checked. Without that option it worked fine for me.
I have fixed the problem in a test version 1.66 test1. The test version is available in GitHub or in my PixInsight test repository:
Thanks for the quick turnaround. I’ll test it out tonight and let you know…
Yup. It works fine now. Thanks for clearing that up. I’ve got a decent image from my first run. Will review the docs and go through to fine tune the various settings.
Great to heart that it works now!
Please note that I have a slightly updated test version document here: AutoIntegrate Info
Yes I saw it and have just gone through everything. Very well documented and answers a lot of my questions.